Friday, March 1, 2013

Ordinary


Ordinary...
REALLY?
I often think I am ordinary.  I don't do anything special.
But, I do.
I am a home schooling mama of three boys.  My oldest is in first grade.  So, I have a large learning curve ahead of me.
I am a child birth educator and subsequently, a doula.  I love being around expecting couples and sharing with them our joys and struggles in the hope of educating them on what to expect with their little one.
I am a wife.  My husband can fix anything and reads engineering books for fun. So, our basement is full of computer pieces, electronic gizmos, model airplanes and trains that are rigged, whether they were meant to be or not, with lights, cameras, and sounds.
I am a cook.  I enjoy playing in the kitchen.  Then, we found out my youngest is allergic to pasteurized dairy.  Also, corn, pork, and sugar don't really agree with his 4-year-old belly.  So, I now figure out how to adapt our favorite recipes to meet his dietary needs.
I am a child of God.  I go to church multiple times a week, spend time in my Bible often, and especially with the deaths and cancer issues of several people I know, I find myself in prayer continually.

2 comments:

  1. You are extraordinary!! As a homeschooler myself I know how much work is involved. Wonderful to visit someone who is in the same boat as myself. (though I'm not a doula) Thanks for the awesome post!
    Blessings,
    Sarah from http://sudryandspecific.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've embraced who you are in the ordinary...and that is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete