Friday, March 8, 2013

Home



START

Home has always been this town or is it a city?
I was born within walking distance of my parents' home that they had purchased just two weeks before I was born.  I lived in that two story home for 18 years.
Then, I lived in apartments and with my Grandma for three ish years.  But, I don't know that those were really "home."
When my husband and I met, the week after our wedding, we bought our first home.  It was within walking distance of my childhood home.
Then, we had three Little Men join us and we realized two bedrooms, one bathroom, and one closet weren't really fitting us.  So, we moved.
We moved to a neighborhood in my home town.  But, across town from my parents.
Then, yesterday, my husband took a job out of state.  We will be moving again.  Not within the same town.
It is my first time living outside everything familiar.  Where I can usually visualize where someone lives with very little difficulty.
Now, I am looking at houses with Mapquest open up on a screen right next to the Realtor page trying to figure out if we are within a 40 minute drive my husbands work.

STOP


Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

  1. Wow...what a big change on the horizon for you! Visiting you from Five-Minute Friday and wishing you courage as you face into this new life in a new place. Peace to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep breaths! Enjoy the journey friend.

    ReplyDelete