Friday, March 22, 2013

Remember



Twelve years and five days ago it wasn't snowing.  It was gorgeous out.
We had family that didn't make the trip for fear of getting snowed in in Nebraska in March.
I got up early after sleeping on my parents' couch.  My mom and I were to meet my Maid-of-Honor and her daughter at my hair dressers.  Her salon was across the street from the bridal shop where my dress waited, in need of being picked up and delivered to Trinity Baptist Church.
After getting my hair done, Kelly helped me get my dress and we draped it across the backseat of her car.
We made it to the church and then I went to my Maid-of-Honor's hotel room to hangout with my cousins as we all continued getting ready.
Our flower girl got constipated in the excitement and nerves.
We got to the church and finished getting ready.
We had pictures of you and your family and me and my family before the wedding and pictures of us together after the ceremony.
My dad and your Best-man both asked if I was sure I wanted to go through with the wedding.  I told them both yes I was ready.
My dad prepared to walk me down the isle as Mary fixed my skirt.
Our flower girl refused to go down the isle but I told her she needed to go throw all those rose petals on the ground.  She headed down the isle with your nephew.
During the ceremony when we went to light the unity candle, we accidentally blew it out.  You are always so resourceful.  You pulled a lighter out of your pocket to relight the candle.
After the ceremony we had pictures and then went to celebrate with our family.
After eating, dancing, chatting, cutting cake, we escaped.  Just the two of us to a beautiful B&B where our high school best friends had gone to decorate the room with rose petals, candles, and a tub full of balloons.
Love you bunches.  Even more than twelve years and five days ago.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment