Friday, September 28, 2012

Grasp

When my Little Men were very young, I learned that they weren't mine.
It was an interesting process.  God didn't bless us with children in the easy way others are blessed with them.  We had to work for ours.  I had surgery, shots, charting, and frustration.  There were tears, angry words, and hurts.
THEN, we found out we were expecting!  There were more shots, lots of ultra-sounds.
I became a Christian at the age of 21.  I was not secretive about our fertility issues.  I would tell anyone willing to listen and even some who weren't willing.  However, I learned that often these people would offer to pray for me, for my family.
So, when our first Little Man came along, I realized I had no hold on him.  He is mine.  God gave him to my husband and me.  But, he belongs to God.  He belongs to all those wonderful people who prayed for him to exsist.
Then, our middlest came along.  He was not as hard to get, coming just a short 18 months after his big brother.  Two Little Men in 18 months.  He is not mine.  I did not work for him.  I do not deserve him.  I am so blessed to call him son and mine.
Our youngest came along 21 months later.  Again, he is not mine.  He is a blessing from God for one so undeserving.
I am truly blessed as I grasp these Little Men and enjoy them every day for as long as God allows.

You can come play along by clicking on the picture. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Three sweet babies and yes, it is such a breakthrough when we recognize babies aren't something we "own" they are precious gifts from God. Loved reading your Five Minute Friday... coming in right behind you!

    Here is my Five Minute Friday post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true, our son's and daughter's ultimately belong to Him. He has just given them to our care down here. There are days that I have to take a step back and remind myself of that. So happy to read of your blessings! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.. I know exactly how you feel..
    "He is not mine. I did not work for him. I do not deserve him. I am so blessed to call him son and mine." <--- YEP!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ladies, for the kind words.
    Hey, Calypso, did you get yours to post? I tried to read it earlier and the link wasn't working.

    ReplyDelete