Friday, September 14, 2012

Focus

Focus...This makes me smile. 
I go to open up the prompt in my e-mail box knowing, "it will just take 5 minutes."  But, behind me, I hear a 7-year-old calling for the dog laying at my feet.  Not our little cocker spaniel, but my parents' labra doodle.
My 5-year-old is asking for more popcorn and can't find his bowl which was lost to the underside of the couch and can't be retrieved for all the other items that disappear under there.
My 3-year-old is quiet at the moment.  Wonder what that means...
So, I get popcorn and a new cup for my 5-year-old.  And grab the timer set for 5 minutes 10 seconds and head back to my bedroom to spend, "just 5 minutes," typing on focus.  :-)
I really look forward to these 5-minutes.  I am glad I caught it sooner this week then last.  Last week, it was Saturday night before I remembered.  Today it is Friday 6:30pm.
My youngest is crying as my 5-year-old says, "I'm heading to tell on you," then walks in the room in tears.  Lead by my 7-year-old tattling on his 5-year-old brother and bouncing on my bed.
Focus.  I enjoy focusing on them.  When I am done with my 5-minutes, my 7-year-old needs to do some school.  My 5-year-old needs a snuggle.  And my 3-year-old needs help picking up whatever his older brothers found necessary to tattle on him for.  So, I'm off to once again focus on those bouncy bundles of energy.
I'm blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment