Sunday, September 9, 2012

Graceful

Graceful?  Who?  Not me.
I am tall and awkward.
Now that I have grown, I am more graceful than my youth would have suggested I would be.
I have more confidence now.  Then I ever thought I would see in me.
Sometimes, I wish I could go back and have the confidence of my 30s back in my teenage days.  However, when I really think about it, I realize that God protected me.
The confidence of my youth, if there had been such a thing, would have lead to poor choices.  There was little guidance in my teenage years.  Some fear, but not an adult that would guide and watch over to keep me from making stupid mistakes.
So, God provided.  He provided awkwardness.  He provided a poor sense of style.  He provided enough fear not to wear anything to revealing.  He provided a lack of interest in boys and boys having very little interest in me.  He allowed me to come with few scars through the trauma of adolescence.  So, as a 21 year-old I could fall into His arms.  And find security, style, faith, confidence, and a boy who was interested in me.  THEN, He provided three Little Men who don't care if I'm graceful or in-style and who call me Mommy.







 

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate as I am so clumsy and on some days feel so awkward, but I have come to accept that side of me. God loves us all in what shapes and sizes we are especially our clumsiness lol x I love your post!!

    ReplyDelete