Friday, February 15, 2013

Beloved

 love on the run 2011

"I am my beloveds and my beloveds is mine."  It is from the Song of Solomon.
Yesterday, I valenteered for Love On The Run.  A local shop puts on this fun activity every Valentine's Day for the last 6 or 7 years.
It all begins, well as far as us meager participants are concerned, this last weekend.  We showed up at the shop and ate goodies, sipped wine or punch, and typed notes on old fashion type writers to our someone special.  We had our pictures taken.  Rolled our love notes and put them in little glass bottles.  The bottles and pictures were put in little gift bags with information on delivery printed on the back.
THEN, yesterday, us valenteers invaded the store.  We picked up boxes of little gifts bags and began driving all over this town on 200,000+ people delivering little gift bags with notes typed on old fashion type writers.
One of those notes headed out to the airport.  When my husband got to work last night his boss sent him to the front desk where he was surprised by a little gift bag.
Another little gift bag headed to a small town where a friend surprised her husband.
And, MANY others, over 300 in all were delivered to doors to await returning lovers, to hands attached to shocked, surprised, excited faces.  I wish I could have seen more of those faces.  :-)  The few I was privileged to see were wonderful.  I look forward to Love On The Run next year.

1 comment: