Friday, February 1, 2013

Afraid


"If you let them sit in it, you have to let them fly it."
Words of wisdom from a pilots wife to a younger pilots wife with three little boys.  Sigh!
Although, this does not make me as afraid as yesterday.
Yesterday, I got a phone call from a friend saying her and her kids were in a car accident.  Not a huge surprise in the snow covered city.  However, the surprise was that the other driver was under the influence.  That makes me afraid.  Her and her kids are okay.  But, her youngest, who is 2, shook her head yes as I held her and asked if it was scary.
It would be so easy to become a recluse.  To say the world outside is to scary.  That I am afraid of drivers under the influence, of slick streets, of my boys growing up and flying military equipment into unsafe parts of the world, of my husband flying to another part of the U.S. and his wings icing up and not being able to safely land.
BUT, I don't.  Because, "When I am afraid I will trust in YOU!" (Psalm 56:3)  "You are my fortress, my shield, my banner in whom I trust." (roughly Psalm 18:2)  Because of these words and many others, I keep going.  I keep trusting that God will grab me and hold on tight if the things I fear happen.  I trust that He knows the best for those who love Him.

3 comments:

  1. Trust, belief, faith ... the perfect antidote to those paralyzing fears. Thanks for the verses, the foundation of our trust, belief and faith! Visiting from 5 minute Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica,

    I'm stopping by because I linked up after you for 5 minute friday. It's crazy how many things can cause us to be afraid if we let them. It sounds like your faith is letting you live without fear for the most part, which is great! A Pilots's wife with 3 boys, huh? WOW! What an adventure. Thanks for sharing your words. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true on how easy it would be to hide from all and forget to live in the midst of so many fears. Such reminder of the strength we have, great post

    ReplyDelete