Friday, February 8, 2013

Bare

I tried Mary Kay foundation recently.  My skin did not like it.
I'm a no make-up kind of gal.  I like to play with it on occasion, but I am not a regular purchaser or wearer.
But, I thought it would be fun and I had someone, not a good influence in my life, telling me I needed plastic surgery under my eyes.  So, I thought, I would give foundation a try.  After all, it is mineral based.
But, no, my face did not like it.  Just like it did not like Avon when I was in high school and my face broke out in, first period, history class and I got sent to the nurse's office.
So, I wear no make-up.  I am, thank God, blessed with good skin.  I have my Grandma Troutt's naturally rosy cheeks.  I have my Great-Grandma Kubes face.  (It is odd to me to go to Aksmit family reunions and have strangers come up to me and ask how I am related to her.)  I have dark circles, some days more obvious than other days, from being up to late or to early, as the case may be.  I occasionally get a blemish, but they are not, thankfully, regular occurrences.
I wish other women felt it okay to show their bare faces.  I think there are a lot of pretty faces out there under the eye liner, blush, foundation, blemish corrector, etc.  After all, God doesn't make junk.  So, there is no need to, "put my face on."  Be yourself the wonderful creation God made.  You are blessed and wonderful just the way you are.  I am blessed and wonderful, in-spite of the bad influence in my life that tells me I need plastic surgery to deal with the circles under my eyes.

2 comments:

  1. I am stopping over from Lisa Jo's FMF link up. I love how you said "After all, God doesn't make junk". SO TRUE! I think for me, with age I've learned that's it's OK to go out into the world without makeup. Sometimes I do like to use it, yet, I don't want it to define who I am. I don't want to look in the mirror and see things that "need to be fixed". I want to look in the mirror for gratefulness in what He has given me. I enjoyed reading this post as a reminder of God's beauty. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on bare! I tell my son "God doesn't make junk" all the time. I should probably remember that myself more often.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete