Friday, November 16, 2012

Stretch

Stretch take two...
So, as I pulled up today's post, I thought, "Hum!  I've responded to that word before."  In fact, it was the very first 5 Minute Friday I ever did a few seemingly very short months ago.
However, as I looked back on my first post on stretch, I was surprised that it was as recent as August!  Our Pastor has only been gone a VERY few months.  I was telling someone the other day I he had stepped down in June, oops.
Our church is working on moving on.
The pulpit committee is starting to look for a new Pastor.  It will be interesting as we head into a new year to see how their search plays out.
The Youth Pastor, who has taken over the role of Interim Pastor is the head of the pulpit committee's son.  His parents and grandparents are/were members of our church.  So, will he step in and become the new Pastor?  If he does, there is going to be both happy and sad people.
The happy people are the people who think it is his because of his family history.
The sad people are the people who think our Pastor stepping down should have been handled differently and are disappointed at the way he was pushed out to make room for the Youth Pastor to step in.
Either way, a new Pastor coming in or the Youth Pastor stepping up, it will be a stretch for our church of right around a 100 people, mostly senior saints and a few young families and singles.
It will be a stretch for me, as I am one of the ones in the sad group and really like our Youth Pastor as a youth pastor.

Five Minute Friday

1 comment:

  1. Oops, so, I pulled up the wrong Lisa-Jo post. Oh well, it was still good to take a minute and think back over the church stuff of the last few months.

    ReplyDelete