Monday, January 7, 2013

Opportunity

Opportunity...
I'm thankful for my delayed opportunity to be here in this new year.  I had been disappointed when 5 Minute Fridays wrapped up for the year.  Then, in the hub-bub of the new year and with all the activities that usually occur in my week not starting back up yet, I TOTALLY spaced 5 Minute Fridays!  So, here I am, better late then never, joining in on the fun.
I had the opportunity as I was wrapping up 2012 to go to counseling with my mother-in-law.  Our last session was two Fridays before Christmas.  Although, I was, and so was my Pastor, under the impression that progress had been made, my mother-in-law apparently is/was not.  She got really upset at the end of the last session.  <sigh>
I don't know if it is because she is not a believer.  Or, she really thought is hadn't helped.  Or, it was just her mental illness having a mental illness moment.
The commercials that use to run about mental illness and how people start out with friends and loose all or most of them throughout the mental illness, I never really completely understood those commercials.  I am getting a better grip on them now.
And, it is sad.  It is sad to think that my mother-in-law, a woman pushing 70, is going to pass away some day and no one is going to miss her.  There isn't really going to be anyone to contact or a memorial service in need of being held...



No comments:

Post a Comment