Friday, October 19, 2012

Look

"Look at me."  I have never been one to be the center of attention.
At my bridal showers, I was thankful because my niece was almost one and did not mind being the center of attention.
But, now, as a mama of three boys, who always seem to have something going on that makes them the focus of every moment.  Makes me want to SHOUT, "Look at me!  I'm right here.  I am a person."
I feel like I fill roles without ever being noticed or appreciated or even thanked.
I try to spend 5 minutes writing this.  And, as I type, a little boy is messing with the timer and after being told to leave it alone, walks around me to the mouse and starts messing with it.  I tell him to stop more than once before I swat his little hand.
Two other boys are down that hall having some time in their room because they have taken up beating on each other and no matter how much/often I say, "STOP!" or "Don't."  They keep "accidentally" punching or running into each other.
I wish their ears would hear me.  I wish they would look and see how much their attitude affects me.
I want to be noticed.
But, as I type this, I think of my Heavenly Father who wants the same from me.
How often does He say, "STOP! and notice Me"?

Now, you can come play along.  Just click the link below.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Jessica! Your ending really made me stop and think. I can so identify with you as I am a mom of three children, too! Mine are 12, 14, and 16 now, though, and I can tell you -- it does get easier! Just remember that God sees you and knows you are doing your best to mother His precious little ones! Keep looking to Him for strength in the journey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, thank you for the encouragement. It is always wonderful to be encouraged by someone with children older than mine.

      Delete