Friday, April 5, 2013

After

 

I am quickly approaching an after moment.  A defining moment.
In 7 weeks, I will no longer be a resident of the state where I was born and raised.  I will no longer be a resident of the town where I have spent my whole life.
In 7 weeks, my boys and I will be joining my husband on an adventure.
My husband accepted a job a few weeks ago in Missouri.  He starts in 10 days.
The boys and I have things to finish up.  The Cub Scout year, complete with final awards.  AWANA and BSF.  The child birth class I am teaching.  They all wrap up between now and Memorial Day weekend.  Then, we are off.
I haven't thought much about after.  After we move.  After we find a new home.  After we find a new church family.  After I learn how to go about registering to home school, vote, and get a new driver's license.  Those things will come.
Today, I am looking at the, after we list our house.  It goes on the market Monday.
And, I'm living in the today.  Enjoying the boys who will not be 7, 6, and 4 forever.  My husband who willing be missing from our daily lives for a few weeks starting in 9, to short, days.
So, I'm off to live in the now...

 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the honest simplicity of this post. I am challenged by your conscious choice to "live in the now", to cherish life before it flies past, even when there are so many "afters" you could be thinking about. Blessings as you enjoy today while anticipating the new adventure ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! I've been there. 8 1/2 years ago I moved from Indiana (where I had lived my whole life, 28 years) to Iowa. Everything changed...a different state, home, car, job, church; a new husband (and family). Wowsers! It was an adjustment, but it was also one of the greatest blessings. It stretched me, grew me and I wouldn't change a bit of it! I know I'm right where God put me, for good reason. It took some time, but I have a great group of friends here and have had so many opportunities that (I can't imagine) would have ever happened had I stayed in Indiana. Iowa is now home. Just take it one day at a time. ((HUG))

    ReplyDelete